There’s no denying it: websites today need to have responsive content and designs. They need to display well on all screens, not just one or the other. Customers continue to consume content from many different devices. If your business is going to reach them, your site needs to be accessible and responsive on whatever device they might find you with.
The Difference Responsive Design Can Make
Hopefully before now you’ve heard about how essential it is to have responsive web content. It affects more than you may realize from how well your website ranks on search engines to how much monthly revenue you bring in.
With responsive web design, your web page content will adjust itself automatically to better fit the screen it’s accessed on. Consider how content trends are changing with the unceasing shift towards mobile Internet access. Smartphone users want information quickly and succinctly, making sites with short text blurbs and plenty of images more favorable than sites with extensive text boxes. Some of these content building blocks and templates have slower page load times as well, which is not ideal for an audience who wants information immediately.
But in case you need more proof as to why a responsive website matters to your online business, here are a few statistics to take note of. They reveal just how necessary it is in today’s market to build a website with responsive content:
- 2014 was the first year when the amount of mobile users accessing the Internet exceeded the number of people accessing the Internet on their desktops. This was a major turning point in the case for responsive website content. Mobile Internet users are no longer the minority, they’re the majority.
- In fact 60% of Internet access happens on mobile devices. And that number only continues to grow.
- Afterall, accessing the Internet on your phone is fast, easy and can be done on the go. Not to mention that nearly 90% of American adults own a cell phone, with over half of those being smart phones. You can’t beat that kind of convenience.
- Those with a smartphone aren’t just checking their phones once in a blue moon either. They will check their email, text messages, social media platforms and more 150 times per day on average. Think about the brand exposure your business could have if you were available where these customers are at: on their smartphones.
- But these consumers are using other devices as well. Typically a consumer will use 5 different devices for their Internet access, sometimes 2 or more devices at once according to a study by Adobe.
- With so many people using one mobile device or another to access the Internet, it’s no wonder that Google’s made responsive design such a huge factor in its search algorithm. Since 2015 Google has given more priority and higher rankings for sites with responsive content. This means that if your site is not mobile-friendly, it could have some disastrous results on where you end up in search engine results.
- Google also takes into account page load time. Web pages without responsive content take longer to load. The longer customers have to wait on your page to load, the more will leave your online store. 39% of customers will leave a website before it loads if it takes too long or doesn’t load at all.
- How much time does that give you? 47% of consumers expect pages to load in 2 seconds, or even less. So you could lose out on that 39% of customers if you page takes longer than 2 seconds to load.
- When your website doesn’t appear right or is difficult to navigate on a mobile device, it also provides for a poor user experience that won’t keep shoppers engaged with your brand. Nearly 80% of people agree that they would stop engaging with a site that isn’t responding well on their screen of choice.
- With all these statistics in mind, perhaps the most frightening statistic is that 91% of small businesses do not have responsive websites optimized for mobile devices. They stick with what they have, and miss out on potential growth opportunities. But perhaps this can open the door for you.
Knowing what you know about the vitalness of responsive web design, you could get a leg up on the 91% of businesses who fail to see how responsive web content can help their business.
Understand, though, that some website editors are better than others for creating responsive content. Even with all the statistics backing up the need for a responsive website builder, many text editors and website templates still fail to produce website content that responds well on all devices.
Many use a WYSIWYG editor (what you see is what you get). But if you’ve worked with one of these editors, you know how that what you see is not always what you get. When using these visual editors, what you create on your screen doesn’t always translate over to customers’ screens, and then you run into some big problems.
A Responsive Website Builder You Can Rely On
What you need is a WYSIWYG web builder that automatically creates content that all your site visitors can see and engage with, optimized for any device. Luckily, we have a solution for that.
Our application software, DragDropr, is a visual web editor that builds content easily. But the best part is, DragDropr automatically generates content as responsive. So what you see is actually what you get on all devices!
The edits you make in DragDropr’s visual interface are saved in real-time so that you know exactly what your page will look like. You can make changes to your site instantly and get the results you want without extensive programming experience. Plus, DragDropr is an independent application of the system you use. So no matter what website builder you prefer or are currently using, DragDropr will integrate seamlessly with your tools and templates on any browser. Now you can have the benefits of your current CMS with the advantages of a responsive visual editor as well.
In a market that requires responsive web design, why not use the application that makes responsive content easier to create than ever?
Contact us to try DragDropr for free today!
DragDorp is a visual drag and drop page builder and editor. It is the only editor universal to any CMS – you can use it to build pages on any system.
It comes with 75+ ready Landing page templates and is often used by marketers to solely build and publish Landing pages quickly and easily – hosted on DragDropr high-speed servers, or on users servers.
Try it now for free, register here and publish your Landing page today!